Interested candidates may send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us to get an application at:
Village of Beach City
105 E. Main St.
Beach City, OH 44608
The Village of Beach City is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TITLE: CERTIFIED ELECTRIC LINEMAN
GENERAL SUMMARY: UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE SUPERINTENDENT; BUILDS, MAINTAINS, TROUBLESHOOTS AND REPAIRS ELECTRIC DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM, OPERATES HEAVY EQUIPMENT, ADHERES TO ALL SAFETY GUIDLINES AND POLICIES, RESPONDS TO OUTAGES 24/7. MAINTAINS GROUNDS, BUILDINGS AND EQUIPMENT. ASSISTS OTHER VILLAGE DEPARTMENTS AS ASSIGNED.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: BASIC MECHANICAL, COMPUTER AND MATH SKILLS. UNDERSTANDING OF GIS MAPPING, TRACING AND LOCATING. MOST BE ABLE TO PERFORM PHYSICALLY DEMANDING TASK AND BE ABLE TO WORK OVERTIME, WEEKENDS AND ON CALL AS NEEDED.
· HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED EQUIVILANT.
· VALID OHIO DRIVERS LICENSE WITH CLASS B CDL ENDORSEMENT
LICENSED JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
ABILITY TO PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN AND BACKGROUND CHECK
TITLE: ASSISTANT FINANCE/UTILITY CLERK
GENERAL SUMMARY: UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR, PROVIDES CLERICAL AND SECRETARIAL SUPPORT TO THE VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR, CLERK/TREASURER, AND UTILITY CLERK. ASSUMES THE DUTIES OF THE CLERK/TREASURER AND UTILITY CLERK IN THEIR ABSENCE. THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION AT FORTY HOURS PER WEEK.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· TO ASSIST THE CLERK/TREASURER IN ACCURATELY TRACKING, RECORDING, BUDGETING, AND BALANCING THE FUNDS AND ACCOUNTS OF THE VILLAGE. GENERATING, FILING, AND PROVIDING RECORDS AND REPORTS.
· TO ASSIST THE UTILITY CLERK WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE, BILLING, PROCESSING PAYMENTS, PROCESSING UTILITY BILLS, AND MANAGING ACURATE RECORDS AND ACCOUNTS OF THE UTILITY DEPARTMENTS.
· TO ASSIST THE CEMETERY CLERK IN MAPPING AND RECORDING CEMETERY FINANCES AND RECORDS.
· TO ANSWER PHONE CALLS, TAKE MESSAGES, ATTEND MEETINGS AND CLASSES AND OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
· HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED EQUIVILANT.
· VALID OHIO DRIVERS LICENSE.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES:
· PROFICIENT IN BASIC COMPUTER, COPIER, CALCULATOR, AND TYPEWRITER USE.
· ABILITY TO COURTEOUSLY, CLEARLY AND PROFESSIONALLY COMMUNICATE WITH THE PUBLIC AND COWORKERS.
· ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND BASIC GOVERNMENT ACOUNTING RULES AND PROCESSES.
· ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND CACULATE PAYROLL AND DIRECT DEPOSIT PROCESSES.
· BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF BUDGETING, APPROPIATING, AND AUDITING PROCESSES.
· BASIC KNOWLEDGE FO FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAX LAWS.
· ABILITY TO SIT OR STAND FOR EXTENDED PERIODS.
THE VILLAGE OF BEACH CITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
GENERAL SUMMARY: To perform a variety of skilled operation, maintenance and repair of all wastewater facilities. to propose, plan, and construct improvements and repairs the wastewater facilities. to supervise subordinate operators and contractors. to complete all EPA mandates and requirements. to assist other departments as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Monitor, record and interpret: SCADA controls, process data, test results, meter and gauge readings.
Monitor, record and adjust process operations, procedures, protocols, policies, maintenance schedules, breaks and failures, safety practices, housekeeping, to State and Federal EPA laws and regulation compliance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Possession of Class II Wastewater Operator License.
Possession of a Valid Class B CDL
NECCESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of current EPA regulations.
Knowledge of current safety laws and practices, and the skills and abilities to properly carry out those practices in all areas of the operation.
Ability to operate a variety of hand, power tools and heavy equipment.
Ability to safely work in adverse weather conditions and situations.
Ability and willingness to respond to call outs and emergencies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The job occasionally requires employee to stand, walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move 50 lbs frequently and occasionally lift and/or move 100 lbs.